Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Then You Wonder Why

***Forewarning: I'd like to start off by noting that although I aim to blog in a positive light, this particular post will point out an unpleasant experience I recently survived. There are several unappealing characteristics I've encountered in my so-called "dating" and social life that brought about this post. It is unfavorable towards immature, disrespectful, disingenuous persons.***

I enjoy making new friends, acquaintances, and anything else in between. I also enjoy keeping those newly-founded friendships because I honestly intend on building them into something greater and possibly even keeping my connections throughout my lifetime. I welcome everyone with acceptance. I try not to judge. I am passive aggressive and always ask myself if another's actions are a very good reason for me to lose my cool and flip out. For the most part, I leave things alone because I don't really know where another person is coming from. I don't know if that person is going through a rough time and this is how they handle it, or if he/she really is a douchebag. I can do this because I know that if there was a real problem, with me, we can talk it over and get over it, or we can fight it out and get over it. I'm game for either. At the end of the day, I want no problems with anyone and a healthy relationship with everyone. There is one problem; I'm not the "kit" type with personal relationships. I am constantly either focused on a task having to do with success i.e. work, food for thought, money, etc, or distracted with a quick "me time" - it's always from one extreme to the other, yes, extreme.

Unfortunately, not every person feels the same as I do when it comes to meeting someone and being just friends. Not everyone approaches a new encounter with the intent of getting to "know" someone, there is usually some kind of underlying selfish interest at the end of that union. I'm sure many people can agree when I say that it is so very unattractive when a person promotes his or herself in a certain light and after a time his/her true colors begin to reveal themselves. There are various ways in which this begins to happen. Some examples are beginning to hang out with that person either on a daily basis or more regularly than normal, moving in with that person, and dumping that person - my most disfavorable.

When I first started hanging out with this one particular person too much, and for confidential reasons let's just go with Johnny for Johnny Depp ;) - oh that sweet, sweet handsome man - I realized that I had a problem. I understood that first impressions can be deceiving and I needed to be more careful and observant in my life choices. There is so much more that I needed to start paying attention to when it came to allowing people to enter my "circle of trust". When I met Johnny I thought he seemed like a decent guy. He was attractive, nice smile, clean-cut and well-kept, respectful, and involved in his life. We exchanged numbers and started texting often, began hanging out and going out to eat together; eventually I decided I wanted to explore more. Well, when I decided that our "exploring" had reached its finale, and for good reason trust me on this, it was as if I was witnessing a real life Jekyll and Hyde syndrome exposed. I know about ego hits and I expect people to get upset and even defensive. I just did NOT see his reaction coming! He always was polite and respectful to some extent but when his true colors shone, whoa! Johnny went off on a rampage about me and my sexual reputation, which he had no knowledge of, my status in life (?), my family! I was shocked!

Thankfully I have built a strong confidence in myself that I did not allow his words to have any other effect on my state of mind other than providing me humor and a learning lesson. Had this occurred two years ago I might have actually let him hurt me. Note: if someone wants to go from an intimate relationship to just friends, that is still a good thing! Keep the door open. Why would you sabotage any future communication with that person? Johnny totally just closed the door on his own face and barricaded all windows or openings for him to ever be a part of my life in any way. A zombie wouldn't be able to find entry. Why do people put on this facade? This is how I am: Hi, nice to meet you. Want to be friends? Great! Count me in. If I want more, I will let you know. If you want more, by all means please let me know. We can settle it that very second. At least this way, everyone knows where they stand. If something happens between us, let's deal with it when it comes to. If feelings change, that's okay. Life is ever-changing. Please, I do not want to realize that the person I've been spending my valuable time with, sharing my life and emotions with, and allowed to get intimate with, was a fraud. In general, intimacy or none, if I accept you into my life, please do not pretend. I don't. I would appreciate the same courtesy.

I think many people can agree. Sometimes, you just need to cut to the chase. Stop wasting my time, more importantly, your time. Always be a gentleman or a lady. Make sure to just be real; be yourself and fight for what you want. Don't toy or use another person in order to move ahead with your desires. Karma will get to you when you least expect it. You have a life to live and at any time, any age, what you deserve will be placed at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I truly appreciate it. Feel free to comment/like/share/request topics/etc :)